Hopi Youth Support
We welcome your support with this.
The kids are the future!
- Learning Aides, Art & Sports Equipment, hygiene supplies for Hopi school children
- Winter coats, clothing, beds and other supplies for kids in special need
Many families have kids in need of clothing and nutritional support.
We also buy beds and bedding for kids who are sleeping on the floor.
We are providing needed supplies for Hopi foster children.
We have been providing program supplies and learning activity books, school and art supplies and sports items support for the children’s at-home learning since 1999.
We have provided classroom supplies and playground equipment for some underfunded schools in past years.
How you can get involved:
- Become a Sponsoring Friend to a Hopi family and either ship packages monthly or make monthly recurring Paypal donations (link on home page) and we will send needed items to your family in your name.
- If you are local, you can shop for the kids and we will arrange delivery.
- Monetary Donations dedicated to Hopi youth support are welcome at any time.
- We sometimes meet up with Hopi families in Flagstaff to purchase needed supplies and clothing–we welcome your donation for this and you can come meet them and help shop in person.
- Make deliveries to Hopi for us of supplies for families
Exercise and dexterity development equipment – for pre-school to high school age such as balls, jump ropes, hula hoops, building blocks, kites
Learning workbooks, flashcards (preschool and elementary) writing paper and pencils, pens, binders/ruled paper, and other learning aides.
Art supplies such as paper, crayons, acrylic paints, brushes, painting paper and boards (many youth sell their art), scissors.
Older children make can use of exacto knives, sandpaper and paints for their carving and rattle making which is part of the ceremonial support and also a way to learn livelihood skills.
New clothing and coats for all ages. We do not take used clothing.
Childrens beds and bedding sets (costs about $200 to $250 per set).
Pre-school playground equipment we purchased for 4 playgrounds in 2014
(balance beam and bouncer photos not taken at Hopi, shown here for illustration purposes; climbing cave photo by Sandra Cosentino was taken at 1st Mesa site right after it was installed by Hopi crew before the fill was placed around the equipment)