We welcome your support for Hopi Youth
The kids are the future!
We have been providing learning activity books, school and art supplies and sports items support for the children’s at-home learning since 1999.
Many families have kids in need of clothing and nutritional support.
We also buy beds and bedding for kids who are sleeping on the floor.
We are providing needed supplies for Hopi foster children.
How you can get involved:
- Become a Sponsoring Friend to a Hopi family and either ship packages monthly or make monthly recurring Paypal donations (link on home page) and we will send needed items to a family.
- If you are local, you can shop and ship for the kids or we will arrange delivery.
- Monetary Donations dedicated to Hopi youth support are welcome at any time.
- We sometimes meet up with Hopi families in Flagstaff to purchase needed supplies and clothing–we welcome your donation for this and you can come meet them and help shop in person.
- Make deliveries to Hopi for us of supplies for families
Exercise and dexterity development equipment – for pre-school to high school age such as balls, jump ropes, hula hoops, building blocks, kites
School backpacks, learning workbooks, flashcards (preschool and elementary) writing paper and pencils, pens, binders/ruled paper, and other learning aides.
Art supplies such as paper, crayons, acrylic paints, brushes, painting paper and boards (many youth sell their art), scissors.
Older children make can use of exacto knives, sandpaper and paints for their carving and rattle making which is part of the ceremonial support and also a way to learn livelihood skills.
New clothing and coats for all ages. We do not take used clothing.
Childrens folding beds with good mattress and bedding sets (costs about $250 per set).
Pre-school playground equipment we purchased for 4 playgrounds in 2014
(balance beam and bouncer photos not taken at Hopi, shown here for illustration purposes; climbing cave photo by Sandra Cosentino was taken at 1st Mesa site right after it was installed by Hopi crew before the fill was placed around the equipment)